Saturday, April 24, 2010

Etching Glass


This is a fairly new venture for me..I've done a few pieces on occasion..a small etching of a motorcycle and horses running, but finally sat down to play with it again recently.
As everyone who knows me well is aware, I am a Pit Bull lover..I was dragged into it somewhat by my children, but now have four of them and love them all dearly. Beware of what the media tries to smear them all with. Dogs,in my humble opinion, are individuals with the same issues that people may have, both mental and emotional. Some are good, some are not. But none deserve to be painted by the Breed Specific Legislation brush.
That rant being said, here is my latest etching..it's not great, it isn't even very good, but I promise to learn more about this art and do a better job the next time.
Actually, I found a very good site that may be used as a resource for glass etching and it may be seen at: http://www.lesleypyke.com/page/Glass%20Engraving%20-%20The%20Drill%20Technique.htm Lesley is an incredible artist, and I hope that you enjoy her site as much as I have.

No comments: